The next Bramber Parish Council meeting is on 29 November at the Bramber & Beeding Village Hall, starting at 7pm.
Items on the agenda include: –
1. Progress on Gas Works in The Street
2. Road Signage
3. Red Gate (Pig )Farm
My report to the Council will include: –
- The County Council meeting 19 October accepted my argument that the County Council should take the lead in organising improvements to the A27 junctions at Worthing, Arundel and Chichester. I have agreed to be on the Working Group to propose short-term measures to help reduce traffic hold ups at the junctions with a consequent reduction in the amount of traffic using the A283 as a ‘rat run’. Draft proposals from the Working Group are expected to be considered before the County Council elections in May.
- The next Chanctonbury County Local Committee (CLC) meeting will take place from 7pm at Storrington First School in Spierbridge Road, Storrington on Wednesday, 5 December.
- Following the inclusion of a scheme for improvements to the Downs Link crossing of the A283 in Bramber in the County Council’s Sustainable Transport bid relating to the South Downs National Park, I met with a number of Rights of Way officers and Access Forum representatives on site earlier this month to discuss possible options. These included working with the Steyning & District Partnership Board (Visitor & Tourism Group) plans for Access for All in Bramber. The Group Chairman also attended the site visit.
- The County Council draft proposals for a Green Deal plus project were discussed at the Environment & Community Services Select Committee and at a Members day last week. This is an excellent project to fund eco-refurbishment in up to 250,000 homes and businesses in the County, with the potential to improve the county’s health and wellbeing, as well as bring jobs and training opportunities to help grow the economy.